We deployed a new version of the AI detection results for allusers on our landing page (https://gptzero.me), and dashboard (https://app.gptzero.me). We are in the process of updating our chrome extension to use the same UI.
1. The AI probability is now different: we use a new model that outputs 3 possible classifications:
- written entirely by a human
- written entirely by an AI
- written by a mix of human and AI authors
instead of 2 (written only by a human, written only by an AI). That's why the AI probability on https://gptzero.me or https://app.gptzero.me might look lower than on our chrome extension- we've separated the AI probability into a completely AI probability and a mixed probability.
2. There is now an uncertainty score with every result. A high certainty indicates that we have seen texts similar in tone, style, tone and format this in the past in our training data, and have more confidence in the result. Conversely, if there is a low certainty, then this text is very dissimilar from ones in our training set, which can affect our model's accuracy, and that the result should be interpreted with caution.
To learn more, read about it in our blog post here! GPTZero | How the Best AI Detector Provides Interpretable Scores